Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recover old number, now unassigned

jaybe20
I'm a participant level 2

hi,

I'm returning to Canada after more than a year away, and I wished to recover my old prepaid-plan number.

The account still exists and is linked to that number, so I though that the number could still be activated by simply making a payment. But nothing happened.  Instead, the account now shows a negative balance.

If I call to my number I get a voice message saying that ¨the number is unassigned¨. Apart from that, I have absolutely no clue on how to check the status of the number, or even the prepaid plan I signed to.

Is there any chance to recover the old number, since it's still unassigned?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @jaybe20

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Did you have a chance to look at Cawtau's reply?  

Keep us posted!  

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jaybe20,

Welcome to the community!

Could you please clarify whether your pre-paid plan had a balance for the duration of the time you were away? Also, had you topped up your plan regularly while you were away? If your prepaid mobile account balance remains at $0 for 6 consecutive months or if required payments towards your account are not made or are returned, for any reason, your prepaid mobile identifier (e.g., phone number or PIN number) will be deactivated. Please also note any prepaid mobile balance may have an expiry date as indicated (taken from Terms & Conditions; section 7c). The expiry date varies depending on the amount you top-up (see here).

If your account was deactivated, I don't think they'll be able to recover your old number. Previously used phone numbers are out-of-circulation for a period of time before they are available once again.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

jaybe20

thanks,

I get this explains the question.

I don't understand why I still have the account with the old number, though.