cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

receive text overseas

csis
I'm a contributor level 2

I would like to know if I receive a text msg when I am overseas and I do not have a roaming package, will I get charged?

Thanks

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP
@csis all incoming text message are free you will only be charge if you send a text.

csis

so in a way I don't need to put my phone on airplane mode when I am in overseas as long as I don't anwer calls.  That is good to know.

@csis wrote:

so in a way I don't need to put my phone on airplane mode when I am in overseas as long as I don't anwer calls.  That is good to know.

Hello Csis,

That is true. However, you should note that declining or rejecting an incoming call will likely incur roaming charges. That is because the call reached your phone and by declining/rejecting it, it gets forwarded to your voicemail via the foreign network. On the other hand, if you let calls ring through fully, it's the same as your phone being unreachable and will get forwarded to your voicemail via Fido.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

EFTC
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I don't think you will get charged so long as you have international txt as part of your monthly package.  I believe you will get charged if you decide to download MMS messages (e.g., voicemal, pictures...etc) since MMS uses data plan.