Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Changes to how you complete certain transactions"

Lross
I'm a contributor level 2

This is the email I got from Fido today:

We've made it easier for you to manage your Fido account with self-serve options on Fido.ca, in the app and through our interactive phone system. We've made it so easy, in fact, that less and less is being done in person and over the phone. So, now we're changing which transactions can be done in person, be it in store, over the phone or live chat.

What's changing?

As of September 1, we won't take one-time bill payments at Fido stores.

As of September 15, our teams will no longer complete the following transactions over the phone or through live chat.

These transactions are still quick and easy for you to complete online, in the app, or using our interactive phone system (click the links to learn how):

Making a payment

Updating a method of payment

Updating contact information (email, phone)

Resetting a voice mail password

Changing display name(s) for caller ID

Changing billing address

We’ll still be there for you in store, on the phone and via live chat to give you expert advice, to help review your accounts and services, and help you choose the latest phones, tablets and accessories.

I am so happy to see that Fido has jumped on the very profitable COVID = no customer service bandwagon. 

As someone who has made cash payments at a fido store many times, I find this insulting.  It seems you don't want to have to interact with your customers at all.  

I'm really not sure how taking away the services you offer is for my own good... Perhaps you could explain it to the "Community" so that we can all benefit from your wisdom?

As it stands now, the only benefit I can see in these changes is that Fido will be able to lay-off more people when so many are already unemployed or working reduced hours.  Way to increase your profits Fido!  Since "we're all in this together", where's my portion of those profits? Hmmmmm?  

Didn't think so.

9 REPLIES 9

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Lross

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this.

We’ve made it easier for you to manage your Fido account with self-serve options online and through our interactive phone system.

So easy, in fact, that less and less is being done in person and over the phone. By logging into My Account, you can complete any one of these transactions without having to travel to a store or waiting on the phone to speak with someone. Though we've changed which transactions can be done in person, be it in store, over the phone or live chat, it's important to note that we remain available to assist our customers and that we can even help guide you through the self-serve steps if you need help with a certain transaction. 

If you have difficulties completing either one of these transactions online or through our automated systems, you can contact us through one of the options found on this page, and we'll help you with the self-serve tools! Smiley 

Lross

Thanks for reposting the same email that I already received.

As far as being able to do everything on the phone or online, how will you be accepting a cash payment?

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Lross

Since payments won't be accepted in store, it won't be possible to make cash payments. 

Lross

This is the fifth time that I have tried to respond and my response eiither disappears while I am typing it or it never gets posted.  Thanks Fido for making open communication so easy.  

And there is still no actual solution provided for people wanting to make cash payments.  Last time I checked using cash was still legal.

Hey @Lross

Although we no longer accept payments in store, there are 6 other convenient ways to pay your bill. Smiley 

We're still here to offer assistance to our customers with pleasure!

This change will actually help us be available for more meaningful conversations with our customers, like giving advice, helping to review their accounts and services, etc.

Lross

You just don't get it.  People who pay cash may not have those other options.  But that's okay, you don't really want "those type of people" being Fido customers anyway.  They should just go away. 

We don't want you to have this impression at all! All of our customers are important to us, and we would hate to see you leave.

That said, like many other businesses, we've asked our customers to use alternate payment methods as a precaution due to Covid-19 since earlier this year.

Since then, we've changed the way we handle some transactions for the reasons I've mentioned in my previous message.

To make a payment, you can choose between any of our fast and reliable self-serve options (available both online and in our interactive phone system), our monthly auto pay, or through a financial institution. Smiley

If you do choose to proceed through your financial institution, you should be able to pay with cash there!

Lross

And if I didn't  have a financial institution?  What would I do then?  

I guess I could buy a prepaid credit card and use that to pay my bill, except Fido won't accept a prepaid credit card for payment.

Any other suggestions?

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Lross,

As you mentioned, you can actually use cash to purchase a prepaid credit card. You can then use it towards the payments on a Postpaid account. 

The following cards are not accepted. 

• U.S. and International prepaid credit cards.
  • Prepaid Ideal Choice Master Cards.
  • Prepaid Vanilla Master Cards.

Otherwise, any other prepaid credit card will work just fine for you to make a payment on through Fido.ca or with our IVR system. Smiley