cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem refilling prepaid through interac

Vivian2333
I'm a participant level 2

I just used interac to refill my fido prepaid, but the website shows "opps, an error occured", and nothing goes into my fido account. But when I check my bank account it shows the money has been taken out????

As it were the worst experience I have with fido.

11 REPLIES 11

HeatherS
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

just had this very same problem...got the oops...the bank says money is gone but fido balance hasnt changed.  My payment is due today or my phone wont work tomorrow.  Why is there no support available via 611 or internet?  Shouldnt I always be able to make contact with fido?

I will check bank again tomorrow to see if funds were returned but still disappointed with fido as per not being able to make contact as well as that this is obviously not first time that this has been a problem.

Hey @HeatherS,

Welcome to our Community Smiley

If the payment didn't go through on Fido.ca, I assure you that it'll be refunded to your bank account within the next 48 hours max.

I get it can be real frustrating to not be able to refill your account though! If you need immediate assistance in the future, you can reach out to us through our Twitter and Facebook pages, from 8 am until midnight Eastern Time and we'll be happy to help! You can check out all the channels through which you can contact us here.

You can also see all the different refill methods that you can use right here.

Have you tried using a different browser to refill your account? If not, can you please give it a shot and let me know how it goes?

amevi
I'm a participant level 3

The same exact problem just happaned to me et the money is not returned to bank account yet ! What should I do ? I call 611 and 1-888-482-3436 but there is not way to talk to someone or an option indicating what to do.

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @amevi

Welcome to the Community

How long ago did you try the refill?

amevi

Around 11H30 today

FidoAlyson
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks! There can be a delay for the money to get back to your account so since you just did it only a few hours ago, don't worry Smiley

amevi

Thanks. Money refunded. I will vouvher refill the next time.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, amevi!

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Vivian2333 & welcome to the Community!

Our website undergoes maintenance every day between 2 AM and 5 AM Eastern Time. This may explain the error that occured.

Have you checked your bank account to see if the funds have been returned?

Let me know!

Vivian2333
Ok it has been returned.

@Vivian2333 I'm glad to read that!

Let me know if you have any other questions. Smiley