cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

prepaid notice to cancel

Bz42
I'm a participant level 2

I pay on line for a prepaid monthly plan which I started approx 5 months ago. There is no actual contract that I am aware of, although I do have an account with Fido. My question is that do I need to give notice to cancel the monthly billing, and if so, what lead time is required? I will be leaving the country on Dec 1.  

7 REPLIES 7

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey Bz42!

Welcome to the Community!

We'll be sorry to see you go but you don't need to give any notice or request cancellation of a prepaid account. If you don't refill your account, it will be automatically cancelled after 365 days. 

Hope this helps!

Bz42

Thanks Amanda, I expect that the monthly fee will still be accrued and compounded for the entire year and I will get email reminders of my delinquent account? 

Is there a feature anywhere online inside my account that I can advise that I am closing the account ie 'switch it off' to stop the continued monthly billing hassle? This would make life much easier for the prepaid community. 

Hey Bz42!

Prepaid accounts don't have any monthly bills or late payments since you have to pay in advance to be able to use your service.

If you have a credit card registered for your monthly refills, then you simply have to remove that credit card. Your account will be automatically cancelled 365 days of inactivity. 

As for the balance, it'll automatically expire by the expiry date if not used. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

kvic

Hello,
I’d like to cancel my prepaid SIM card, because I’m going back to my country next week. and I don’t need it anymore.
so what should I do ?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kvic

I moved your post here as you will find the answer to your question Smiley .

Don't hesitate if you have any other questions.

kvic

To Ranya

I’ve tried to Live Chat, but nobody answers...

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @kvic!

As mentionned in the solution:

''Prepaid accounts don't have any monthly bills or late payments since you have to pay in advance to be able to use your service.

If you have a credit card registered for your monthly refills, then you simply have to remove that credit card. Your account will be automatically cancelled 365 days of inactivity. 

As for the balance, it'll automatically expire by the expiry date if not used.''

Hope this helps!