cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please return my old texts that I purposely did not delete

AnnT
I'm a participant level 2

I was saving old texts in my phone for future reference. I just looked, so as to copy them down, and they are not there. I DID NOT DELETE THEM. Yes, they were old. But, yes, I wanted them. Can I get them back?

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @AnnT,

Once you receive/send a text message from your phone Fido has no control on how it is stored on your phone.

Fido can not return any messages that has been deleted from your phone because they do not keep copies of our messages.

You will need to check your phone settings. I know iPhones can be set to delete messages after a certain period of time. If you have an iPhone you might want to check and see if that is what happened. 

You can follow this article here.

AnnT

Disappointed. I purposely left those old texts which remained on my phone for a very long time, leading me to believe they were safe. Recently my phone did some sort of massive update, and everything on it changed profoundly. The calculator that I used all the time, vanished. Is that when those old texts were deleted? Someone, not me, decided those old texts should be deleted. It's really upsetting. 

Hello @AnnT,

Whats the make and model of the phone?