cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone usually fails to download the pictures that are texted to me

JBwut
I'm a participant level 3

=Does anyone know what's going on? I'm using a Motorola G6+. I've always had problems with it, but they would eventually download. Now I just get a blue circle with that spinning white arrow forever.

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JBwut,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues downloading MMS. Where did you purchase your phone? As far as I can tell, that phone model does not appear to be offered in Canada or US. From the information I could find, these appear to be possible bands/frequencies for the device:

GSM
B2 (1900)
B3 (1800)
B5 (850)
B8 (900)

UMTS
B1 (2100)
B2 (1900)
B5 (850)
B8 (900)

LTE
B1 (2100)
B3 (1800)
B5 (850)
B7 (2600)
B8 (900)
B20 (800 DD)
B38 (TD2600)

~taken from here.

There also appear to be other versions of that device with similar bands/frequencies (see here). According to those specifications, that device would only have a few compatible bands/frequencies (see here). Coverage would depend, in part, on your surrounding cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area towers here. While the device may work on the networks, its limited band/frequency compatibility could affect its functioning. It should also be noted that since it is not a device Fido offers, certain functions (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) would likely not be supported.

It's possible you're having issues downloading MMS due to a poor connection to the network. I remember when I had a device with limited band/frequency compatibility, I had to drive across town to get better signal just to download MMS. For the most part, that device worked well enough. I was able to send/receive SMS so able to receive notification that I had received a MMS. However, like yourself, it would take forever to download or fail completely. Only after reaching better signal was the MMS able to download.

That said, have you verified your device has the proper settings for MMS? You can verify those settings here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

JBwut

This might be the solution. I bought the phone off of Ebay and made sure it worked with my previous carrier, but I didn't do the same research with Fido. (It worked fine with the previous carrier.) Otherwise, all the settings seem to be properly configured. I'm going to mark this as solved.

Hi @JBwut , how frustrating. Have you checked the setting in your messaging app to allow both sms and mms messages? Which messaging app are you using? If it's the stock app you may want to use Google messaging and set it allow sms,mms and rcs