cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal security

Redroy
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am 70 years old. Today I went to the brick-and-mortar store in Orillia to expand my service and to get help with my phone. The doors were locked and a door buzzing was required. Through the intercom, I was asked for my name and phone number to gain entrance, Several people were standing around and I explained I did not wish to broadcast my number out loud. I was denied entry. On returning home I called star 611 to find a confusing automated system-no human to answer my questions or answer  "Why is fido's security more important than my security?" I tried the phone numbers and got the same system. Is this normal for fido and do I need to find a different service provider to find a complaint/service department with human interaction? 

d

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Redroy,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were denied service because you did not want to say your phone number for others to hear, that's horrible and not acceptable at all. You should see if you can get the phone number of that location and ask to speak to the store manager and let them know how you were treated.

As for the customer phones system I'm not sure what's going on with Fido's system but when you select to speak with someone it just sends you a text for ASK JACK. What I did to speak with someone was select the option to make a change and then cancel the account and was able to get through to someone.