cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying my bill

AndrewCamacho
I'm a participant level 2

So my bank acount is frozen, My creditcards are in use. I don't want to be charged interest or additional transaction charges on top of my bill. where can I go to pay cash. Canadian issued Gouvenrment currancy? I shouldn't have to use a third party and incure addional fees to pay you. Canadian money, real dolars and coins is legal tender and must be accepted. where can I pay you for your phone services?

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewCamacho

Thats rediculess. You mean my bank is going to make $4 every time I pay my bill. I am tipping the bank $4 on the behalf of Fido. And what do I get out of this?

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello AndrewCamacho,

Welcome to the community!

@AndrewCamacho wrote:...Canadian money, real dolars and coins is legal tender and must be accepted...

While cash may be legal tender, there is no obligation for businesses to accept cash (see here and here). This article is more recent and relates to the recent pandemic. While Fido's decision to no longer accept one-time payments at stores might be business related (rather than a pandemic response), the article still highlights the fact that businesses are not required to accept cash payments.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers