cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paying my bill in advance

wooleybear
I'm a contributor level 2

I just upgraded my data plan for tablets and when I got my latest bill it was higher than I expected so I called Fido. The representative was really helpful but said the bill was high because I haven't been  paying in advance for years. When I first got the tablet I was billed for 1 day ( as clearly stated on the invoice), then 10 days later I was billed again and I paid it. Isn't that paying in advance? Has anyone else run in to this? I currently pay for usage from Aug 29- Sept 28 on Oct.10. They say I should be paying for Sept 29 - Oct 28 on Oct 10. 

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey wooleybear!

Welcome to the Community!

This is actually normal and correct.

Our previous data-only plans were flexible rate plans. This means that what you were charged for your plan depended on how much you had used during your cycle. Because it was impossible for us to predict what your usage would be during your cycle, we could not bill the monthly service fees in advance and the cost of your plan was billed to the invoice after the usage was performed.

With our new Data-only plan, you get a certain amount of usage per month included for the price so the monthly service fee for this plan is billed in advance every month and, if you happen to go over, overage fees are applied to the following bill.  

wooleybear

Thanks for clearing that up. I like to understand what I'm paying for and you just explained it perfectly. 😊👍👍

@wooleybear

Happy to see we could clarify that for you.

If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to let us know Smiley