Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving any sms while abroad

mr_j936
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

I am subscribed to the 15$ plan (unlimited text messages and 250 MB data and no calls) I travelled from Canada to Lebanon last week and since then I have not been able to receive any sms. I am locked out of all my online accounts because of this. The year before this one I travelled to the same destination ((with a different phone plan, it was 50$ a month) and sms worked fine. Is it a problem with the package?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mr_j936,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are locked out of your online accounts. Unfortunately, that plan is only for use on the Fido/Rogers networks. Roaming is not available with that plan:

Plan.jpg

~taken from here.

You would need a plan which includes Fido Roam in order to use the services outside of Canada. While you are able to opt-out of Fido Roam, a plan with the feature would be required. I believe the plans with Talk include Fido Roam. Your old plan would likely have included roaming.

If you require the use of your services abroad, you might consider contacting customer service to discuss your options. Changing your plan to one including Talk may allow you to use your services abroad. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers