cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost discount because of weird bill cycle, anyone else got this?

darknight37
I'm a participant level 3

so i got the black friday deal wireless plan ($30 + tax for 15 months), so the expectation was $30+ tax for every months.

i got my first bill and it was $96... whooo like thats almost 3month worth of charge there on the first bill...

so i opened up a chat with fido online chat to see why... i was told the first bill was a double charged for 2 first two month like a rent, first and last payment. Therefor the first discount was split into the 2 month instead of each months... 

The math becomes like this:

$55 + $55 - 25(discount) = $85 + tax = $96

should have been like this:
$55 - 25 (discount) = $30 + tax x 2= $68

so i have to pay a extra $26 because of this weird bill cycle, i was told its bad timing and got the bill cycle closer to the end of the month and got the double month charge instead of one. Nothing can be done to it but to take this lost which what i was told. Anyone else got this weird bill cycle way and was charged more than normal?

3 REPLIES 3

darknight37

hmmm good to know thx, never had this issue before until now. i will reach out to fido again, this time with more knowledge and hoepfully it will work out

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

I don't understand. The community mods and MVPs have assured me that Fido fully complies with the law (despite the proof I have that they don't) and provides you clear and transparent information about the wireless code and your rights to complain and escalate. You're telling me that, despite Fido's assertions, you had trouble finding this information?

BobC83
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1

The law is clear on this: where Fido is ambiguous in its terms and policies, the terms will be interpreted to benefit you. Source: https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/codes-stats-and-reports/wireless-code/

I encourage you to reach out to Fido and have them explain the exact mechanics of how the discount works, as it's written in the information that they're also legally required to send you when you sign up. If they cannot, then you are allowed to escalate - to the CRTC if necessary.