Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can I pay fido bill automatically?

yyx
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I just got my credit card, so I hope to set up a automatic payment for my fido bill every month. But I don't know how. I tried to put in my credit card information but it didn't pay the bill automatically. Can anyone tell me how to set up an automatic payment step by step?

Thanks so much.

yyx

5 REPLIES 5

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @yyx

Welcome to the community. 

The newly selected payment method only becomes effective as of the next cycle when it comes to pre-authorized payments. This means that you have to make a one-time payment for the current bill but the next one will be taken automatically from your account.

Does that make sense? Can you confirm that you see pre-authorized as the payment method on My Account?

Thanks! 

yyx

Yes, I can see pre-authorized credit payment when I view my bill. So I mannually paid the bill for this month, and next month it will be paid automatically, right? I understand, thanks.

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That's exactly it @yyx , you got it Smiley

Don't hesitate if anything else comes up!

Dinod
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Are we able to set up autopayment for a portion of the payment? 

Hello Dinod,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think specifying a portion to be paid via automatic payments would be possible. As far as I am aware, the automatic payment would charge the outstanding amount on the account on the day the pre-authorised payment is to be made.

You should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. Since we do not work for Fido, we may not be fully aware of all payment options. If you want to verify whether partial payments can be made via automatic payments, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers