cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going over minutes (100) in my plan

ishan3
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

i chose byod  plan  .it seems i iave gone over minutes allowed . like 100 minutes . how much am i gonna be charged??like i m given 1500 minutes for $50 plan and i m at 1600 minutes m not sure of division of international or canada limit

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Ishan3,

Welcome to the community!

It's not really a simple answer...

Firstly, from what you mentioned, it appears that your plan has 500 anytime minutes (including Canada-wide calling) as well as the 1000 International minutes. Is that correct?

If that is correct, you should note that long-distance (LD) charges (or the 1000 International minutes, if applicable to your plan) are only for the LD portion of calls. A long-distance call is charged both airtime plus LD. If you have a limited number of anytime minutes, you will be charged additional minutes for overage usage. So, if you have 500 anytime minutes and used 600 of your International minutes, there would be an additional 100 anytime minutes charged. **edit** However, if your phone indicates that you've used 1600 minutes, then it's possible you've exceeded your anytime minutes by 1100 minutes.** Additional minutes are 50¢/min.

You should also note that the 1000 International minutes are only to certain countries (see here). If your LD calls were to Countries not included with those 1000 minutes, additional LD charges would apply. You can view the LD rates here, under View preferred International rates.

It's also possible that your plan includes a different minute allocation, though I'm not aware of any with 1500 anytime minutes. You should be able to view the details of your plan via My Account. I believe you should also be able to view your minute usage via My Account, however, I'm not sure if the 1000 International minute usage is also shown there as well.

If you would like to discuss your plan details, you will need to contact customer service so they can access your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers