cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra charges poorly explained

awadals
I'm a participant level 2

I use my phone very rarley. This month I was charged $ 5.50 + tax as a charge for long distance call placed for 10 min to Florida from my phone, which we do not recall placing it. at all I complained, a ticket was raised to the fraud Dept, They claimed that SIM card can't be hacked >>> !!! and the charges will stay. I asked to look at the history of the phone calls placed since 2015 with no single call placed to Florida.

Upon there insistance and in order  to prevent such an incidence from happening in the future I decided to switch to Bell Canada.. By the way the retention Department needs to be retained ? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Good morning @awadals , so sorry to hear that you had unexpected charges on your invoice. That's an unpleasant surprise for sure. First off, if you could hide your personal information in your post, that is a privacy issue. I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving Fido and didn't get the resolution you were hoping for. A call can be made in the most innocent way without our realizing it. A pocket dial, inadvertently hitting a link on a website for example. I wish you well and hope you have a wonderful day. 

awadals

Thank you for your concern