data overage

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2
I'm a Participant Level 2

data overage

hi. i have some problem with my payment.

I received my billing on August 21 and paid for it on the 22nd. But on the 26th, I received text from fido that I overused the data.

If I paid on the 22nd, will the data be recovered again after that? I don't understand why I have to pay an extra $ 50 for the data I've used since the 22nd. I would like to hear the explanation. thank you.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: data overage

Hey @ribbit6!

Welcome to the community.🙂

If you have a Data option, a text message is sent to let you know when your data usage goes over certain pre-defined thresholds, depending on your data option:  

- once you've reached 90% or your data option

- once you've reached 100% or your data option

Please take note of the following: 

• These messages are sent to you on an informative basis only; you’ll always be billed according to your usage whether the texts are received or not. 
  • The text message alert is sent only after the data session has finished. This means you will not receive any notification while you are still connected to the internet.
  • You will always receive these text message notifications between 8 am to 10 pm EST.

Keep in mind, moving forward, you can track your monthly usage by using 3 available self-serve tools here:

• By dialing *28 from your Fido phone to hear your usage
  • Through the Fido Application
  • By logging into MyAccount & click "View Usage"

With that said, I'll need to take a closer look at your account, as the Over-Charge can change from one plan to the next. 

I'll send you a PM to take a closer look.

By the way, feel free to reach out to us by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter if you ever have questions about your specific account!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2