cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bogus calls

chayisun
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Just got yet ANOTHER bogus call, this time from 519-694-7640. Unless I know who is calling never answer. Maybe I should.

Anyway, called the number back and, as usual, the message is " The number you have reached is no longer in service."

I'm taking a wild guess here but I'm thinking it's another scam call about (1) duct cleaning (2) Interest rates on credit cards (3) I won a free cruise or it's my long lost uncle in Poughkeepsie. Just needed to vent.

Thank you....

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @chayisun!

Thanks for sharing! I'm sure this will help others on the Community to be more aware of these types of calls Smiley

We get how frustrating these can be, and we do our best to stop them. Unfortunately as the numbers are always changing and they dial out to random numbers, it can be a little tricky at times.

That said, I definitely suggest you flag this to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre so it can be looked into!

Hope this helps Wink

Albert7
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Fido,

since yesterday I am receiving intermittent calls originating from the 44 country code (Switzerland) ..I block them and they come back minutes after with the last digit numbers changed..Seems to be like the 881 (iridium) calls from month ago which use to come a day after the same way except for the 44 country code is more than 20 times in a single day..Please Fido do something about it.

Hey @Albert7

Since @FidoNick had already adressed this, I moved your post to this thread.