Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ask help

ChihMingChen
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Amy.jpgHi,

I just transferred my cell phone number from Virgin+ to Fido at Sep-19.

This movement is done via one sales man in Xiaohongshu.

Her name in WeChat is Amy Chen and her Manager is Mary (WeChat id phone# 416XXXX111).

They said they have already run this business for many years and owned a good reputation in this career.

The Amy Chen help me transfer 2 lines from Virgin+ to Fido at Sep-19 and charge me CAD$ 30 (e-transfer to Qing Lin).

She promised me this plan includes 1000 minutes international calls for China/HongKong/Taiwan for each month.

I made few calls to Taiwan at Sep-20 for 82 minutes and Fido send me bill at Sep-24.

This bill costs me CAD$ 334.1 and 82 minutes IDD was CAD$ 123.

I called Fido's customer service 18668883436 to check the bill and who is the broker but in vain.

The Fido's ask me to contact the Amy Chen by myself but this guy refused to reply my quey in WeChat.

I also call her Manager Mary. Of course she didn't answer my call.

I will report to CCTS to ask for help. 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Helloo ChihMingChen,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues. However, I'm not aware that Fido offers services via Xiaohongshu and WeChat. To me, it sounds very much like a fraudlent service (not Fido). Firstly, the associated phone number for the manager is from Iristel and not Fido or Rogers (see here). In addition, I don't think Fido would ever require payment via e-transfer.

I understand you have attempted to contact Fido, however, if the people who sold you the plan are not affiliated with Fido, there is not much they can do. Even if they are a legitimate 3rd-party reseller, you would need to contact them as they would need to apply the proper code for that promotion. I also understand you are considering contacting CCTS. However, given the situation, I think you should report it to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (see here).

Sorry the situation is happening to you. Hope this helps 😀

Cheers