cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zone 3 daily internet rate

amac44
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I was charged zone 3 daily internet rate for 8 days ranging from 11 to 127 KB. My roaming data was OFF and is always OFF. This is an $80 charge. I was refunded $28 already, but feel like there is a mistake. Can someone explain how it is possible to use 11KB of data when the roaming data is OFF. Also, what is strange is this only happened when in Ecuador. While in Colombia, there were no charges and no changes made to my settings. There seems to be a problem in Ecuador. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Malthus
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had the same thinh happen in Mexico. It is a scam!

FidoAllan

Hey @amac44

We definitely don't want you to have surprises on your bills. This is why you should have received an SMS explaining the rates while at your destination.

To avoid Fido Roam fees, you have to make sure that your mobile/roaming data is turned off at all times, to not send texts and to not make/receive phone calls.

You can also put your phone on airplane mode, turn off the device or remove the SIM. 

If you have been charged however, it definitely means your phone was able to connect to a foreign network, which means your data must have been turned on for a very short period of time, considering you've only used a very small amount of data. 

If you wish to have a look again, don't hesitate to reach out to us here and we'll be happy to look into it.