cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong name on my outgoing caller ID

gent2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

When I call people that don't have my contact on their phone, my name is displayed as Julian instead of my real name but Yemi. I have had this line for about a year and tried to call Fido on three occasions to solve this. The last CS agent I spoke with told me it was either my problem or the receivers', that there was nothing they could do. I can't understand how this is my problem. Can someone help me pls? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @gent2,

Welcome to the community!

You can login to the MY ACCOUNT section on Fido's website and then click on your number on the next page look at the bottom under QUICK ACTIONS you will see Change call display name > click on that and it will show you your current call display name and you can change it if you want.

If your call display name is set correctly then this is what could be happening, every manufacturer has some sort of caller ID and spam protection option on their phone, for example Samsung has Smart Caller ID it could be that the person that had your number before name was Julian and many people had it stored in their phones and its shared with Samsung so when you call someone it shows up as Julian on certain phones because it information is being verified through that manufacture caller ID system.