cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless home phone change areas

MartinDS
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I have a Fido wireless home phone.  Currently I reside in the 905 area of Ontario.  Occasionally I take my phone with me when I visit family in the 613 area and it seems to work there also.  I am anticipating a permanent move to the 613 area.  Do I need to get a new telephone number or can I keep my current 905 number?  Secondly are there any disadvantages to doing this in terms of directory listings etc, even if the technology allows it to work?

Thanks

***edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MartinDS,

Welcome to the forums!

One thing you might consider is people calling your number. While @FidoRachel noted long distance charges wouldn't apply to you, they would apply to people (from 613) calling your phone. Also, depending on your intended accommodation in 613, many of the apartment/condominum buzzer systems require a local number.

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

You can keep the 905 if you want, but if you move out of provence it might be an issue interms of billing.

Hey @MartinDS, you can keep the 905 if you'd like Smiley It includes Canada-wide long distance calls so you don't have to worry about long distance charges (unless you call outside of Canada or use the device outside of our network).

Hope it answers your question! 

Chris121
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi