cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will putting my SIM card in an unlocked device affect my Fido plan?

luv2drive
I'm a participant level 2

I have an IPhone4s on contract until Sep 2015. I recently bought an unlocked Samsung S4 and it works when I put in my sim card. I bought it off kijjii but checked the national database to make sure it wasnt stolen.

So what I want to do is use my S4 and sell my iPhone to a friend.  I would still keep paying the same bill every month as if I still had my iPhone the only thing I'd be doing is taking the sim out of my iPhone and putting it into the S4 and using the S4, and selling the iPhone.

Is this ok to do?

***Edited to add labels***

***Edited title***

2 REPLIES 2

Kayla_Fido
I'm experienced level 2
I'm experienced level 2

Hello luv2drive,

Sorry we could not respond to you faster and I understand you did get your answer but so that it is clear for others I will still respond Smiley

In putting your sim in another handset it does not affect any part of your services including your agreement.  Furthermore, changing your sim (activationg a new one) also does not affect any part of your services either.  Why would yo uneed to change your sim?  Well if you buy an unlocked device like luv2drive did and your current sim is not compatible then you would need to buy a new sim(10$+tax).

Hope this helps!

luv2drive

Couldnt wait so called fido support, no problem they said.