Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling error

echo4201
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

please help me enabling wifi calling on my account.

I've been 2 hours with 3 reps and every time they transfer me to nowhere (one even told me to phone a number, it was Rogers support line. They could not help me).

I receive this error when trying to enable Wi fi calling on my iPhone SE 2nd Generation.

I've moved from Telus yesterday, so it is a Telus phone but it is unlocked and should be supported by Fido. When porting to Fido, I asked the rep to confirm Wifi calling would work and he told me yes.

I might have to return to Telus because of this, I need wifi calling (bad LTE reception where I live).

4 REPLIES 4

echo4201

I called Fido 10 times for this issue, each time asking for a follow-up because I receive an email that the ticket is closed with no more details. Each time I have to go through customer service even if I chose technical support. Each time I have to reexplain what is wifi calling and each time they try to go through the same basic troubleshooting steps. 

This is time consuming and it gets nowhere. I asked for help here to get traction and so that Fido finds a solution, not to simply being told "call customer service for the 11th time and lose your time".

I give it another week to receive a solution or I am getting back to Telus.

Hi @echo4201,  sorry to hear that you are having difficulty getting your wifi calling to work. As your device is from a different carrier, it may not work with fido wifi calling. If technical support isn't able to add your device identifier (IMEI) to the system, it might not be compatible 

FidoAlex

Hey @echo4201, welcome to the community, Alex here. 

Sorry to see that you're having this issue with wifi calling. The setting is always on by default in our system so it shouldn't be an issue, but I would definitely recommend to reach out to our customer service again so that they can look into this with you and possibly transfer you to our technical support team if the issue can't be resolved right away. 

You can call us by dialling *611 on your Fido phone or at 1-888-481-3436.

echo4201

see above