Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling to LTE needs restart

rm647
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have an iPhone 7 US version and recently took a Fido connection. Everything was working fine up until the iOS 12 upgrade. Fido is having a hard time swtiching from WiFi-calling mode, Fido WiFi to LTE when I leave for work. It will show LTE but nothing actually works.

I have to shutdown and restart my phone eveyday when I leave my house to get everything running again. Is there something that can be done to modify LTE settings so that it can automatically latch on to the LTE like before, without me having to restart each time. It has become really frustrating. Also when I come back home, going from LTE to Fido WiFi seems to be working. So what is the problem with the converse!?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

rm.

5 REPLIES 5

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

hi

for my samsung s9+, all i got was an new sim card, then apn settting confirmation from the fido staff.

i believe it would be the same, unless apple is yet supposed by rogers/fido.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @rm647,

Try doing a network reset and see if it helps if not I would suggest you do a full factory reset, remember to do a backup if you will do the factory reset.

You can follow the instructions here to do the network reset.

rm647

Thanks for the quick response. I triggered the Network Reset. Everything came back up as expected. Let me try out for the next couple fo days switching between WiFi Calling and LTE and see if I have to hard reboot the phone or not. I'll get back with the observations. Once again really appreciate the quick response.

Hey @rm647,

Try it out and let us know if the problem goes away.

rm647

Hi @KAPABLE-K,

Thanks so much for the tip. The N/w reset seems to have done the trick. I need to remember that after each major iOS upgrade, a N/w reset may be required. Thanks again and appreciate it.