cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why my phone plan has not been canceled?!

ninininini2879
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Before April 27th, I spoke with a representative to request the cancellation of the two phone numbers on my account effective May 1st. However, I recently received a bill that includes charges for the entire billing cycle from April 15th to May 15th. Now I'm a little confused and wondering:

1. Have the two phone numbers on my account been cancelled as of May 1st?
  2. If a phone plan is terminated during a billing cycle, what is Fido's billing policy for that cycle? Am I required to pay for the entire cycle, or should the charges be prorated based on the number of days of usage?
1 REPLY 1

Hello @ninininini2879,  I can't answer why your plan wasn't canceled, you will have to contact Fido support to discuss that. Here are ways to do that. As for your billing, you have to pay the invoice that's due and while the account is being canceled, the fees are prorated and you will be refunded once all charges are calculated. The refund takes a few weeks as Fido waits for any charges like long distance or roaming fees to be applied if there are any. Your best bet is to contact Fido's support for clarity. You could send a dm to fidosolutions on Twitter or Facebook and discuss the process by personal messaging.