Why charged .25 for sending local text. Plan specifies free texting in Can.

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

Why charged .25 for sending local text. Plan specifies free texting in Can.

My plan specifies free texting in Canada and has been fine for over a year. Today I sent a local text & was then notified of 25 cent charge. What's up with that and how would I get charge cancelled?

Accepted Solution

Re: Why charged .25 for sending local text. Plan specifies free texting in

Hello TL911,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like the phone number you were trying to text might have been a landline. While sending text messages to mobile numbers is included in many plans, sending texts to a landline (home phone) is a 3rd party (TeleMessage) service which incurs additional cost (25¢). If you would like to prevent sending texts to a landline, you would have to contact TeleMessage (support@telemessage.com) directly and ask them to disable the service for your number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Hello TL911,

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like the phone number you were trying to text might have been a landline. While sending text messages to mobile numbers is included in many plans, sending texts to a landline (home phone) is a 3rd party (TeleMessage) service which incurs additional cost (25¢). If you would like to prevent sending texts to a landline, you would have to contact TeleMessage (support@telemessage.com) directly and ask them to disable the service for your number.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply... afaik he was on cell in his car; I could be mistaken. I'll confirm either way tomorrow. Cheers!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 3 of 3