cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't my girlfriend get the same or similar Loyalty plan as me?

Mike2k16
I'm a participant level 3

This month I switched to a Bring Your Own Phone loyalty plan.  One of Fido's competitors had a decent deal, so I altered my plan/pricing with a Fido rep which is how I got it.  It was pain free and took probably only around 5 to 10 minutes -> Happy Customer

Right now, another Fido competitor has an even BETTER deal than the one I used to negotiate.  I told my girlfriend to call Fido to get something similar to mine or negotiate something similar (she is also on Fido of course and also is on a BYOP plan).

She did call Fido and said she wasted a lot of time.  She said the call was long and painful and Fido wouldn't budge and kept telling her that she is on the 'best plan' and that the deal I got is over.

I was pretty shocked actually when she told me this.  What gives Fido?   I would assume Fido monitors the deals from competitors?  She's even been with Fido longer than me, yet there's no loyalty to be found?

You're about to lose 2 customers Fido!

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Mike2k16,

Promotions and offers even loyalty ones changes from time to time and for everyone while you might have been able to get a good loyalty plan that does not mean you girlfriend is eligible or entitled for the same thing.  

Mike2k16

@KAPABLE-K wrote:

Hello @Mike2k16,

Promotions and offers even loyalty ones changes from time to time and for everyone while you might have been able to get a good loyalty plan that does not mean you girlfriend is eligible or entitled for the same thing.  

Yep, I understand that.  But still it was just this month too, and the competition has an even better deal now.  Called Fido myself tonight and after an hour or so couldn't find a resolution.  Their current offerings just don't line up and they don't seem to have any loyalty plan to counter the competition's current offers.

Competition has a nice LTE, 6G data, unlimited canada/us talk, unlimited texting, international calling option plan for $44 a month.  That equates to just over $20 in savings a month compared to Fido and offers more data.  So definitely considering getting her switched after a bit more research and possible testing with a friend's phone.

Hey @Mike2k16!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We always want the best for our customers both in terms of service offered as well as monthly options Smiley

As @KAPABLE-K mentioned, our promos do change quite often so it is possible that the plan available to you a short while ago has expired. We'd love to take a second look at things with you though! 

I'll send you a PM so we can check it out. See you there Very_Happy