cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my phone

billbones
I'm a participant level 2

i lost my phone,,,I have a protection plan... what does that mean for me in this situation...meanwhile can I be set up with a temporary phone ASAP but preferably immediately...yeah busy

And btw why not team up with the custromer on an imei quest

4 REPLIES 4

FidoFaiza

Hi @billbones

I just want to take a moment to clarify something: it's not possible to get a loaner phone from a Fido store if the phone was lost/stolen. Such an option is available only when a phone is damaged within the first year of manufacturer's warranty.

Since your phone is missing, we can definitely add it to the imei Blacklist which will block it from being used with a Canadian carrier.

And, yes, you can definitely benefit from your device protection plan by contacting Brightstar here

I hope this help!

billbones

Ok i see so would I would I be able to use one of my old phones until I find a replacement? And yes definitely block it please although is that reversible if ever it turns up? And about it turning up would you contact me to let me know or do I have to check up on that every once in a while with customer service? Thanks

Hey @billbones,

If you move the SIM card to another device, that device will be covered instead. You'd need to make sure to file a claim with BrightStar as soon as possible to get a replacement device and be able to use the service again.

If your phone turns up, we ask the person who found it to bring it to a Fido corporate store and the staff at the store will try to reach out to you to let you know.  

I'll send you a PM to add lost/stolen blocks to your account so that nobody can use the service. We can also add the IMEI to the Blacklist if you wish, it can take up to 24 hours before your phone will work again if ever you wish to remove it from the list. Also, you can read more about all the important things to know when losing your device on our Library here.

Talk soon!

billbones

Brighstar is useless in Quebec for lost phone protection, they offered nothing and made me feel fortunate for it. Life goes on though since I've purchased a new SIM and pulled out my very old and broken IPhone...which still works fine and at least is not lost.