Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

When can an employee of Walmart Upgrade to new phone

Shann_69
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi 

I work at a Walmart and we have a special in the electronics that if you bring your own phone you can get a new phone and a good plan. We tried to do that but I am on disability and do not have a credit card and I have not had any other cellphone plans so could not do that. What we did was I got a sim card for fido to start a cellphone plan and the people that helped me said I think I heard in 2 months I can get the new phone. I am hoping someone can tell me if this is correct

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shann_69,

Welcome to the community!

Is that special specific to Walmart employees? Is itt also possible that particular promotion is specific to Walmart? As far as I am aware, the current Fido promotions can be viewed here.

I understand you purchased a new plan in order to avail of that promotion. However, many such promotions would be for new activations only. If you already have a plan with Fido, you might not be eligible for that particular promotion.

In addition, device upgrades would generally require a credit check to determine status regarding device financing. Being able to upgrade a device might be different from being able to finance a specific device you want.

That said,  you should note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. You would need to contact customer service for specific account queries. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. However, if that promotion is only available at Walmart, you would need to contact them to verify the details of the promotion.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers