cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens when you stop using the mobile service after travelling?

dlee0207
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I had been travelling in Vancouver for a month, and now I'm back in my home country and I just paid the phone bill balance. Do I need to call in and tell them I want to terminate the service in order to prevent keep being charged in the future? I had signed up for the FIDO PULSE 4GB - BYOP plan. I removed the sim card from my phone because obviously I have no use for it anymore. But I'm going back to Vancouver in a few months, and there was a $25 activation fee when I signed up for the plan, so if I don't get charged anything for unusage, I guess I can just leave the account activated until I go back to Vancouver and reuse the same sim card.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dlee0207,

Welcome to the community!

Since you signed up for a monthly plan (Pulse plan), that is a monthly service and you will be charged accordingly -- whether you use the service or not. Depending on your account you may be eligible to apply a temporary suspension on your services. That is, you pay a reduced amount to keep your account active. If your account is not eligible or you do not wish to temporarily suspend your account, you will have to contact customer service to cancel your account. Note that depending on the details of your account (ie BYOP or with subsidy), you may have to pay additional fees when you cancel your services.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers