cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What In-store agent promised never match my bill.

JinchengSun
I'm a participant level 2

Last month on Black Friday, I and another two of my friends went to Fido shop and changed our devices, the agent gave each of us a 75$ discount with 40$ off our device price and 35$ to remove the transaction fee, but after I received my bill, the transaction fee exists.

So I chat with your Facebook consultant, the consultant said the discount was not on my account's note and I should go to the store to solve it. But it's been 2 weeks from now, would the agent even remember us? My two friends also suffer from this problem, the whole thing would not happen if the agent had written all things down clearly on our notes and I have to pay for that.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @JinchengSun

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Glad to know you found a sweet deal on Black Friday. Hope you're enjoying your new phone. 

I understand that going back to the store is not a great solution in this case, I would believe the rep suggested it as some offers are only available in stores but no worries, we'll get to the bottom of this. 

Did you take a look at the agreement? Did it mention the fee would be waived or details of the discounts you received? 

JinchengSun

No, it's not mentioned in my agreement, but the agent promised me, also on my receipt, it says "Montant remise sur article (75,00)" which means "Amount discount on the article (75,00)", yet I only got 40$ cut off now, I still have to pay 35$ of the transaction fee.51544540813_.pic_hd.jpg

Hello JinchengSun,

Welcome to the community!

Are you sure it was a $75 discount in addition to $40 off your device and waived transaction fee? From your original post, I read it as $75 discount which included the $40 off your device and waived transaction fee. It this is the case, your bill seems correct. I don't think the system will allow them to remove the transaction fee from the bill, but they gave you the $35 discount to compensate. The resultant discount would be $40.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers