cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to cancel prepaid service

Lukeh405
I'm a participant level 2

I am not in Canada but want to cancel my fido prepaid service. I have no balance on my account and do not wish to pay the 10 $ just to call them. How do I cancel my account? 

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Lukeh405,

Since you have to pay in advance prepaid accounts don't have any monthly bills or late payment fees, just don't refill the account.

If you have a credit card registered for your monthly refills, then you just have to remove that credit card and your account will be automatically canceled 365 days of inactivity. 

Lukeh405

Yes That is what the fido person told me but when they sent me the contract email it said the prepaid service costs 1$ per day. Mabey I just don't understand how this works but I cannot contact them to clear this up. Am I being charges 1$ per day while I am in the prepaid service?

Hello, again @Lukeh405,

It sounds like you have the $1/day pre-paid plan all it means is that you need to have a minimum of $1 on the account each day to use the service. As long as you do not refill the account or have a credit card attached the account will not be charged and will eventually be terminated on its own.

Lukeh405

So I do have a credit card attached right now but am not refilling the account, am I being charged? 
(thanks for the help by the way)

Hello Lukeh405,

Welcome to the community!

Are you manually refilling your account or did you sign up to auto-refill? If your prepaid mobile account balance remains at $0 for 6 consecutive months or if required payments towards your account are not made or are returned, for any reason, your prepaid mobile identifier (e.g., phone number or PIN number) will be deactivated (taken from Terms & Conditions; Section 7c). 

Since you appear to have had a Daily Pre-paid plan, $1 would have been deducted daily from your account. If your account did not have sufficient funds, it would have auto-refilled if you had signed up for the service. If not, any remaining balance would expire on your account anniversary date. If your account remained at $0 for 6 consecutive months, your account would be deactivated.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Hello @Lukeh405,

Since you have a pre-authorized credit card on the account your account will auto refilled once the time comes. Just remove the credit card and your account will not refill and after 365 days the account will be canceled.