cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail menu no longer allows to delete voicemail, "press 7" disabled

SanSam
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, recently I got a message about "new voicemail" and since then there is no longer the option to delete messages, with or without listening to them. It used to be that pressing 7 would delete a message.

I've been getting some Chinese spam almost every day for a couple years but at least I could delete it after a second of hearing the spam message. WHY ARE WE NOT ALLOWED TO DELETE VOICEMAIL???

Also, the voicemail notification is now stuck on my phone the whole time. Doesn't matter if I have a new message or not.

Really frustrating. Please, if anyone can help or can point me to a better place to ask for it... thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

A quick update about the new change for the voicemail.

To delete a voicemail message, you have to listen to full message and then click "7". Or you can skip the message by clicking "3" and then push "7" to delete the message.

Thanks!

Cfunk

The new voicemail system does not give an option to save or delete voice messages anymore.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Cfunk

I've moved your post to this thread as it contains the solution to your request.

Hope this help Smiley

A97
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I have the same problem, Fido messed up their voicemail system, it used to be quick to hear, delete, and save voicemail messages, now everything behaves as you described. Really hope they fix it soon. I'm considering just disabling my voicemail completely, as the persistent notification I get on my S10 is very annoying. Only voicemails I ever get are foreign spam anyways.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @SanSam, @A97,

The option to delete your voicemail message is still 7 on the menu. As soon as you hear the recording you can also dial 77 to delete it without listening to it in full. Once you've done that, please end the call for the changes to take effect.

Can you give it a try and confirm if that works on your end?

Thanks!

Cfunk

For some reason this last week after pressing 7 I just got the "that key isn't active" message, same with 77. Also, after listening to a message the option to delete or save was not available. Tried today though and all is back to normal, must have been fixed.