cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail-To-Text to Android Not Converting to Text

shelly0269
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I recently purchased the add on 'Premium Voicemail-To-Text'. However I only get plain SMS notifications of voicemail messages that allow me to Listen to an 'Attach.amr' but it says the "Unfortuneatley the message couldn't be converted to text. listen to the attachment" 

I have an Android Samsung Galaxy A20 - How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Shelly0269,

Welcome to the community!

When you listen to the attached voice message, are you able to discern what they are saying? The system will only be able to transcribe what it can understand. In addition, I don't believe the system would be able to transcribe languages other than English **edit** (possibly French as well, but I'm not certain)**. Many times when I receive that error notification, it's either because it's a blank message or one if the SPAM calls targetting Chinese customers. On the rare occasion, I also receive that error when the caller speaks so fast or softly or muttered that I can barely make out what was said even when I listen to the message. Unfornately, the system is limited by the quality of the message. I think that's why they also include the voice recording as well.

You might make a test call to your line and leave yourself a message to see if the system is able to transcribe your message.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers