Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail Plus 22 Feb 2012!

angeluszero1
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

In the link below it mentions that Fido will be offering Visual Voicemail plus to select Blackberry and Android devices, starting Feb 22nd.. Can someone from Fido confirm this?

Also the documents mentions the Galaxy Q as the onyl supported device for Android. Any chances of seeing this on the Galaxy Nexus too? If so, when?

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/02/16/fido-launching-visual-voicemail-plus-for-blackberry-and-android-on...

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey angeluszero1,

Visual Voicemail Plus was indeed launched today! Click here for details.

At launch, the App itself is only compatible with the Galaxy Q and the BB 9360, however any phone that is MMS compatible can benefit from this service as well. The website will be updated as soon as the app is available on other devices.

I have tried Visual voicemail with both, Motorola XT910 and Sony Xperia Pro. The App from the Play store does not work. I have re-installed a few times on both handsets to be sure. You will keep getting error messages saying you are not subscribed. Fido can't make it work on a handset that does not have Visual Voicemail built in native to the phone. Even though the manufacturer says it should work, it does not. Best thing to do it delete the App to avoid those anoying error messages. There is nothing actually wrong with the handset, or the Fido service. The enhanced voicemail will transcribe the voicemail to text if possible and send it in an MMS along with an audio/amr file that plays the voicemail from your in-box on your handset. The actual audio file is kept on your handset to keep as long as you like or forward it to another number. I love that feature. The name for this should be "Wireless voicemail", not Visual voicemail. Any handset that can receive MMS should be able to use this great new service that Fido is offering. Thanks Fido Happy

The Visual Voicemail Plus app by Fido Solutions Inc from the Android Play Store is now working on my Android devices.

Mercussi0
I'm a participant level 2
but still not on mine.. thx anyway.

cheers, Karl.

Mercussi0
Hi, if you or any advisor on this forum has managed to get the vvm to work on a non native fido Android phone, the unlocked EVO 3d from rogers for example, any help would be greatly appreciated. fido , rogers, and the manufacturer throw the ball at each other as none them consider that they should offer any assistance on that matter since its an unlocked phone. fido: "its not our phone", " Rogers: "you are not using our service ", HTC:"your phone is unlocked, youd have to contact your service provider on that matter", thus going back to "its not our phone". I mean come on.

Hey Mercussi0!

Please note that if you do not have a supported device, the Visual Voicemail Plus application will not be working on your phone. You would only be able to get this services through picture messages sent to your phone. Those messages would contain a transcription of the message as well as an audio file so that you can listen to it.

I hope this clarifies.