cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victim of fraud.

aa11111
I'm a participant level 2

Some one hack my account and order 2 iphone 13 without my knowledge. I open a case with Fido on 24-06-2022 but have not heard anything from them yet. Meanwhile fido extended my contract 2 years to cover the cost of the 2 phones. Does fido required some proof of identity to receive the merchandise? Since the fraud happened and be reported can fido help to reverse my service to what it was before.

6 REPLIES 6

Thisisbs1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This is going on with me right now! except for I know who did it and Fido will not shut my services off they just keep popping at each month, even though my services are suspended. I can't lower my plan. I can't do anything. Nobody called me back it's **bleep**.  My bill is now in the thousands. I already put on my Equifax, but that still doesn't help that massive debt that I now have in my name.

Hello @Thisisbs1 

For assistance with your account, it will be necessary to contact our customer serrvice. You can find all the ways to reach our team here.

aa11111

Thanks Khouya, i'll check but does fido investigate on the case that I open with them and let me know? Haven't heard anything from them since, they already change my monthly service to include the cost of the 2 phones. I want them to restore the old service term to me because I did not order the upgrade of the service.

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

When the situation is resolved, just make a reply in your post Smiley

best.png

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi Smiley 

I'm not an fido employee, am an user. Just recontact fido by phone to see what its happening about your case :), i think someone will answer you about the situation and the process of your case. I really really suggest you to check your equifax & transunion file and put a fraud notice on it, you can always remove the fraud notice after. Equifax and transunion can restore your identity if something is wrong with it and even can help you with your fido case. It's the first thing (step) to do when a fraud is commited to prevent others things.

Have a nice day. Hope your situation will be resolved soon, i'm with you Smiley

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi aa11111.

In your case is suggest you, to mark a fraud note on your Equifax and TransUnion Credit file, to prevent futur frauds and accounts opening. You can contact also Equifax and transunion, to dispute fraudulent accounts & debt on your credit file. You will need some proofs, but if it's not you, you don't need to pay, but first contact credit agency. 

Also verify your credit file for opened accounts. With equifax you can verify your folder at equifax.ca or free with borrowell, for transunion it's www.ocs.transunion.ca if you live in Quebec and it's free, or www.transunion.ca in another province. You can verify too free your TransUnion with CreditKarma. 

Here the tutorial for reporting fraud on a credit file for equifax: 

https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/personal/education/identity/how-can-i-place-a-fraud-alert-on-my-equi...

For transunion if you live in quebec it's:

www.ocs.transunion.ca , in other province it's : www.transunion.ca

You can also contact agency, here some details:

For contacting Transunion:

https://www.transunion.ca/customer-support/contact-us

For contacting Equifax Canada:

https://www.consumer.equifax.ca/personal/contact-us

Before contacting, please be sure have all the proofs, and requireds things.

I hope you will have a better day Smiley <3,

khouya Smiley

heart_4x3.png