Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Very Rude Customer Service Rep & Broken Promises

EllieSparrow
I'm a participant level 3

Hi Everyone,

I just switched to Fido and have not had a great time dealing with customer service - it's off to a bad start.

In a nutshell, I've spoken to 3-4 customer service reps over the month, having waited 1-2 hours on hold each time. All of them have promised that they've left detailed notes of our conclusions, the before last one even confirmed that they could see the notes from previous reps. There were 2 adjustments they'd promised would be made once my 1st bill was available: 1) they'd pro-rate my billing start date to when I actually received my phone from Fido (there were issues with Fedex) and 2) they would honor the updated data plan price for the full period. 

When my 1st bill was finally out, I called Fido to have those adjustments made. The rep who answered was extremely dismissive and rude. She claimed that there were no notes on file and thus that she did not need to do anything to help. She was very condescending and demeaning. I do wonder if Fido has the recordings, as I honestly couldn't believe that the way she spoke to me could be construed in any way acceptable. I did stand my ground, however, and told her that it wasn't the amount that mattered - it was the principle of it. The adjustment was just $15 - it's not significant, but I am going to ask for what I was promised. She ultimately made half the adjustments: she pro-rated my start date, but not the data plan price... honestly I was too tired to keep going at that point. I'm just beyond disappointed in Fido and not sure I made the right decision in switching over.

I hope others can relate to my post... I really don't think dealing with services like this is good for my mental health. We're all stressed enough as it is. Perhaps that rep was having a bad day and taking it out on her clients. While that's not good that she's struggling, I still don't believe that this is right nor acceptable.

Thank you for reading. I hope you all have a great new year Smiley

2 REPLIES 2

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @EllieSparrow

Welcome to the Community Smiley

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. This is definitely not the kind of service we'd want to offer.

We'd be happy to take a closer look and review the situation. We'll need to access your account, to get started you can reach out to us at these channels or alternatively we can send you a PM here.

EllieSparrow

Hi @FidoSaad, a PM would be great - thanks!