cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Phone in HK

PQ
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I don't have a Pulse Plan. Use my own Phone and am on no Contract. Am a long time Customer. How do I use my phone in HK while retaining same number?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello PQ,

Welcome to the community!

If you do not have a Pulse plan, you would have to purchase a Travel pack or use services on a pay-per-use basis.

You should also consider verifying whether your phone is compatible with the local networks. Hong Kong uses different bands/frequencies than North America. You can see the bands/frequencies used by the different countries by selecting from the drop-down menu here (bottom of page). You can also verify the countries bands/frequencies here.

In addition, you might consider verifying that your destinations had good coverage? Mobile phones roam on the existing infrastructure at the destination. Fido's service cannot extend beyond what is available locally. It's the customers' responsibility to check whether their phones would work at their destination. Open Signal can give you an idea of the coverage at your destinations.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @PQ!

Just to make sure that I understood correctly, you'd like to use your phone while roaming in HK? Do you have a prepaid account or a postpaid account?

Let me know. Smiley