cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Complaint Regarding Unjust Charges, Poor Service, and Negative Credit Impact by Fido

Sanalkumar
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Dear Fido,

I am writing to express my profound disappointment and frustration with the recent experiences I have encountered with your company, which have had far-reaching negative consequences. As a long-standing customer, I am shocked at the treatment I have received.

Firstly, I was charged extra funds despite experiencing a prolonged period of no service on my iPhone 13 Mini. The unjust charges I incurred for services I did not receive are deeply unfair and unacceptable. I insist on a thorough explanation for these charges and an immediate refund.

Additionally, I was taken aback to discover that I was charged a service fee for my stolen iPhone 13 Mini, which amounted to approximately $1087. Having to pay such a significant amount to close my account due to circumstances beyond my control is unjust and unreasonable. I had expected better customer support and understanding from Fido.

What is even more distressing is that these unjust charges have had a detrimental impact on my credit score. The negative impact has persisted, as my credit score is still affected while on credit freeze. This situation has caused me considerable stress and anxiety, and I hold Fido responsible for this situation.

I implore you to address these issues urgently and comprehensively. I demand a full explanation for the charges, an immediate refund for the unjust charges, and a clear plan for rectifying the negative impact on my credit score. I also insist on a transparent strategy for preventing such issues from occurring in the future.

If my concerns are not addressed promptly and in a satisfactory manner, I will have no choice but to explore alternative mobile service providers. As a company that prides itself on its reputation, Fido must prioritize customer satisfaction and take prompt action to resolve issues that affect its customers.

I look forward to your swift attention to this matter and a prompt resolution that remedies the situation and restores my faith in Fido’s commitment to its customers.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sanalkumar,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear of your situation and that your iPhone 13 mini had been stolen. Firstly, though, You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. We would not have access to customer accounts. If you wished to address your matter, you would need to contact customer serviceThey can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

We don't know the circumstances of your situation and what the extra funds or the service fee to which you refer are. Were you financing your iPhone 13 mini? If so, that fee you note appears to be the remaining balance for the device. I understand it's frustrating having to pay-off the balance for something which was lost or stolen. However, customers are responsible for paying the full amount for their devices -- even if they were stolen.

Lost or Stolen.jpg

~taken from The Wireless Code; section F3.

I understand you feel it's unjust and unreasonable, however, that's what device protection or insurance is for. If someone's financed car is stolen, it isn't on the car dealership to forgo the remaining balance on the car. It would be the car owner's insurance company which deals with the matter. Had you purchased device protection or insurance for the device?

If you are unable to pay the full amount, you might consider trying to contact their Credit Operations team to make a payment arrangement. It should be mentioned, though, that a payment arrangement may not be available in some situations.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers