cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

BadAndroid
I'm a participant level 3

I currently have an LG device purchased from Fido with a Prepaid service.. Now i would like to purchase another device with "no term"

Upgrading a device seems to not be possible, iam forced to Log Out & create a new account plus being forced to change my number & select a monthly plan.. 

only option to pay is with Credit Card Which in turn requires a Credit check & proof of ID ex Social Insurance number, really !?

Not that i have any problem with my credit but what does a credit check & social insurance number have to do with purchasing a No Term device !?

So would be nice if someone can give some explanations to this shady process..

recap of issues ..  

1: forced to create a new account & new number since upgrading seems to not be an option..

2: credit check & social insurance required to purchase a No Term "unlocked" device & eventually forced to take a monthly plan.. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoJulien
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @BadAndroid

We don't offer the possibility to upgrade your phone online if you have a prepaid account.  It seems that the option you have selected would have been the one to open a new postpaid account, this is why you were asked to do a credit check.  However, if you go in store to purchase your phone, you won't be asked to do this as it is not necessary if you want to keep your prepaid account.

Hope it helps!

BadAndroid

Hello 

The phone that i was interested in purchasing is listed as Pre Owned LG G6 .. It is not possible to purchase pre-owned devices in store at least not here in Montreal..

The device is listed as 180$ no term.. So I should not be forced to create a new account with a new number etc just to purchase it, that makes absolutely no sense.. 

Hey @BadAndroid!

At this time the only way to get that device on a prepaid account would be for us to process the upgrade for you and it'll be shipped to your phone.

Keep in mind though that a credit card payment would be required, a Visa debit card would also work for it Smiley 

If you'd like to do that, please contact us or if you prefer we do it here on the Community let us know and we'll private message you.