Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade on cell vs laptop

Citius
I'm a participant level 2

Hello folks,
I am trying to upgrade my cellphone from a Samsung Galaxy S9+ to a Google Pixel 8 Pro.

The issues I am having are:
- when I try the upgrade via My Account app on my Samsung, I am offered the option of doing a trade-in (good - that's what I want to do), but when I get to Build Ypur Plan I cannot see the option to Keep your current plan (bad - because I want to keep my current plan)

- when I try the upgrade via the website on my laptop, I am not offered the option option of a trade-in (bad - I want to do a trade-in),  however, it does offer the option to Keep my current plan (good, that's what I want to do)

Are the 2 items mutually exclusive: trading-in my current device and keeping my current plan (which I think supports the Google Pixel 8 Pro)?

1 REPLY 1

Citius

I did some more digging and now understand the issues, so to answer my own post:
- when I used the My Account app on my Samsung I had mistakenly used the "Add a line" => "Need new device" and that does not show the option to "Keep your current plan." To do a device upgrade I should have been using the "Upgrade My Phone" transaction which does show the option to "Keep your current plan."
- when I used "Upgrade My Phone" on the website from my laptop it does not show the Trade-In option because that is not part of the upgrade transaction. One has to do the Trade-In separately after an upgrade.
So, no problem - the My Account mobile app and the website are consistent.