cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsatisfied with Fido Winback - what is a delayed promotion?

bhc223
I'm a participant level 2

I have been extremely frustrated with Fido at the moment.  Before porting out from Fido, I made NUMEROUS calls to Fido requesting to match the Shaw plan so I would not leave to no avial.  When I finally port out, they call me with an offer to match wasting so much time and effort on both sides!  

I get a call from Fido Ambassador enticing me to come back and they will match and do better than my current plan.  So I came back in Oct to Fido on a plan that matched Shaw Mobility's $45/month plan for 25g and was told at the time:

1. 2 years - $10 credit to match Shaw to make it $35/month
  2. $45 activation fee waved with a $45 credit on the 3rd month

I was charged the full $45/month with no credit for Oct and Nov, when I called into Fido today, I am being advised by the agent that I don't have the $10 credit is not being applied until Dec as it is a delayed promotion.  The $10 credit will not be applied until Dec.

First of all, I was NEVER advised when I signed back up in Oct.  Second waiting 3 months before the $10 credit kicks in month does not make sense, the activation fee credit sure but my monthly credit?  That to me seems backwards and not what I agreed to.

Now the agent says there is nothing that they can do!  Not acceptable!

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @bhc223

To ge this looked into, we will need to verify what was discussed on your account.

You can find all the ways to reach us here.

If it's best for you, we can send you a PM here on the Community.

bhc223

Thank you @FidoKenny I have tried callingto resolve and still waiting for someone to call me back over 24 hours now.  So if you want to send me a direct PM that would be appreciated.

Hey @bhc223! I'll send you a PM shortly. Smiley