Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreachable! no Voicemail

hmd
I'm a participant level 2

Hi,

I have a weird problem!

When I reject a call or I am busy or miss a call, the other party hears my voicemail and can leave me a message, BUT when my phone is off or unreachable instead of going to my voicemail it says "the customer is not available, try again later". which means I do not have a voicemail or it is not active!

What I did to solve the problem:

1) Talk with someone over Fido Chat, he sent me an email about "How to set up call forwarding"

results: 

*62#  1.jpg

*#004#

image.png

2) I went to the "Call setting" of my phone to activate it manually:

2.jpg

It is off, when I try to turn it on:

3.jpg

and the error message:

4.jpg

3) called the fido customer service, they directed me to "technical support" which I realized it is for Rogers, after ~30 min waiting, when the gentleman realized that I am a Fido customer and not Rogers told me that he is going to transfer my call to the right person, guess what! a voice message thanks me for calling Rogers tech support and goodby!

Your help is highly appreciated

PS:

My voicemail service is active

I have restart/turn on and off my phone several times

I disconnected the phone from the wifi

5 REPLIES 5

FidoVanessa

Hey @hmd!

In your Call Forwarding settings screenshot, "When unreachable" is off. You should have the option to forward to voicemail, as well. Try that and let us know if it resolves your issue.

hmd

Hello @FidoVanessa ,

Thanks for your reply, as I mentioned in my original post I have tried to turn it on which, as you can see, was not successful, please see the screenshot: 

hmd_0-1616551211628.jpeg

I didn't realize that the error was coming from there. My bad!  Looks like we'll need to take a closer look at your account for this. You can contact us by using those channels or we can send you a PM from here if you prefer. 

Let us know! Smiley

hmd

@FidoVanessa 

I already tried chat and phone without success, since here I have shared the screenshots, which they are clearly showing my problem, I do believe pm is the best option.

Thank you.

We will be sending you a PM soon. Keep an eye on your Community inbox. Smiley