Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock phone and weird number

A_alrusheidat
I'm a participant level 2

Dear Fido,

I have two questions to ask. The first, how can I unlock my mobile device by using the IMEI number? Do I have to do it at the store or by myself? My device is a Samsung Galaxy S6.

The second, I received a number from California claiming to be Fido, the number is 909-295-5010 saying that I have a reimbursement, I was wondering if this is a fake number/spam because I looked it up and there was nothing that said it's Fido. A link was given with an IP address.

Thanks,

Ameer

3 REPLIES 3

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @A_alrusheidat!

Thanks for posting!

I wanted to start off with confirming that the call you received definitely did not come from us. You will never receive a call from us that is originating from a foreign number. Most of our outbound teams have 1-800 numbers and a few have Canadian phone numbers.

In terms of unlocking your phone, this is something that can only be accomplished with the help of customer service. I'll send you a PM this time so that we can get started on that with you, but, for the next time, you can find all the ways to get in contact with customer service here.

A_alrusheidat

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your prompt response. I did see the section on Fido website regarding unlocking a device, but I wanted to make sure first by asking someone.

In terms of the number I had received, I never replied to it and I blocked it, but it said FIDO in it and that's what made me feel that there was something off about it haha.

Great!

Don't hesitate to reply to our PM so that we can help you unlock your device!