Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Unlimited Canada wide mins

Sukhmanpreet
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

Hi 

I have a plan of $55 which includes anytime Canada wide call. Can you please explain that what does it mean ? Like for airtime and long distance.

5 REPLIES 5

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sukhmanpreet,

Welcome to the community!

Any time you use your services to make or receive calls or check your voicemail is considered airtime. In addition, long-distance (LD) calls are charged airtime plus LD (see Terms & Conditions; section 3g).

On plans with a limited number of airtime minutes, Fido usually included free evenings and weekends. The anytime qualifier meant that those minutes could be used outside of evenings and weekends.

On plans with local or Provincal calling, Canadian LD charges would be charged in addition to the airtime used for calls to other areas in Canada. It would also get a little more complicated because receiving calls could also be considered LD depending on where you were located relative to your phone number's home base. With Canada-wide calling, the Canadian LD is included with your minutes. Making calls to other Canadian phone numbers and receiving calls while you are anywhere in Canada is included. Making calls to outside of Canada would be considered LD. If you are outside of Canada, it would be considered roaming and incur additional charges (ie Fido Roam).

If your plan includes Unlimited Anytime Canada-wide calling, all your calls to other Canadian phone numbers and all received calls while you are anywhere in Canada are included.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

lhl1
I'm a contributor level 1

Hi Cawtau (again šŸ˜€) and other community members, would appreciate your help on a related question:

My existing mobile plan includes 500 weekday daytime Canada-wide minutes (outside of 5 pm to 7 am), free evenings and weekends.  I would like to switch to 7X24 unlimited Canada-wide minutes.  When I first subscribed almost two years ago, there used to be an 'add $5 for unlimited Canada-wide calling' option for the plans, which I didn't select at the time, however I don't see that option today.

When I check the fido.ca Shop/Plans web page https://www.fido.ca/nac/choose-plan I see a 5 GB, $50/mo bring-your-own-device plan which states " Talk: Unlimited Canada minĀ³".  I'm assuming that'd be what I'd want, 7X24 Canada-wide calling included.  If so, then why do they include in the drop-down "Details" the following? 

• Canada-wide calling3
  • UNLIMITED evenings and weekends
  • Circle CallingTM: unlimited Canada-wide calling between subscribers on the same account8

Isn't it redundant to say unlimited evenings and weekends, and the part about Circle Calling if it's all included?  Or am I missing something and Unlimited doesn't really mean Unlimited?

Please advise,

Thank you!

Lhl1

Hello Lhl1,

You are correct, the minute information under the details are redundant if the plan has Unlimited Canada minutes because evenings and weekends would already be included. Those details originated for plans with limited minutes like your current plan. I'm not sure why Fido continues lists the Unlimited evenings and weekends and circle calling in the details for plans with Unlimited Canada minutes.

Any plan which includes Unlimited Canada minutes would offer you unlimited Canada-wide calling anytime.

Hope this helps šŸ˜€

Cheers

lhl1

Hi Cawtau,

Thanks again for your help. I'm really looking forward to unlimited minutes with a new plan in the near future - I'll get to chat for hours without always having to check the clock šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜!!

Cheers,

Lhl1

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Sukhmanpreet,

Welcome to the community!

It means you can call any number in Canada and you will not be charged long-distance.