cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use Voucher toward monthly account

StirlingFire
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

So, my girlfriend tried to be sweet and purchased 2 Fido prepaid vouchers ($100 & $20)  at the corner store. Unfortunately, I have a monthly account and it seems there is literally no way to have these "Prepaid" vouchers applied to my account. Just the word "prepaid"alone is misleading, it could mean that your account has been paid before the billing is due. She had no idea, and now we are out $135 ($120 and tax). 

Another interesting tidbit in regards to these vouchers - they are 100% non-refundable. 

We can't be the only people that this has happened to. (I found one similar post here from 2016) so Fido is aware that this is happening and essentially, the consumer ends up paying for nothing, with no recourse. We've spent over 7 hours over the course of 4 days the phone with customer service, and nothing has been resolved. I'm wondering how Fido can continue to get away with this, and what the CRTC might have to say about similar situations. 

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @StirlingFire! Philippe here. Welcome to the community. Smiley

That was a very nice gesture on your girlfriend's behalf. However, I can confirm that prepaid vouchers are not refundable once purchased and cannot be used for monthly (postpaid) accounts. Prepaid just refers to our service, in this case.

I'll be happy to check-out your options, of course. For that, I'll send you a PM from the community.