cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive verification texts

xyzz
I'm a participant level 2

I've been unable to receive 6 digit security code texts from PayPal for the last few days. My phone number is correct in their system and they have advised me that the texts are successfully being sent from their end but I am receiving nothing. I called Fido technical support as per their suggestion that Fido was blocking PayPal texts but the Fido rep said they are not and she did not know what else it could be besides "maybe there is a law where PayPal texts are blocked for all of Canada" which isnt the case. She also got me to add the PayPal verification code phone number as a contact and check I don't have them blocked on my device and neither of those helped. I've received the security code texts in the past, and among those texts it says to text "BAL" to find out your balance through text, and when I send the message I get nothing back. It appears to be sending from my end but it's not being received. I've tried resetting my phone and I've tried switching off wifi and neither of these have worked.

PayPal refuse to assist me unless I give them the security code that I'm only able to get through text message. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can receive the texts? The PayPal number sending the texts is 729-725 if that helps.

24 REPLIES 24

Hello @xyzz,

I do not think the problem is with Fido after looking this up I can see a lot of people having the same issue with PayPal. It's my belief that the problem is with PayPal and not the carrier. 

Some people had to request the verification code a few times to force it to send while some people change to get a call instead of getting a text.

buzzrozwell
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

The problem is with FIDO. Call tech support. They will see the blocked short code messages from Pay Pal. It's rediculous and FIDO isn't doing anything to fix the issue.  It's like a wall or stubborness between 2 large corporations. There's no will on the side of FIDO to fix this at all. The texts are being sent from Pay Pal for sure.

xyzz

PayPal insist that their text messages are successfully being sent to me from their end.

I've requested new codes over and over and over for multiple days now. I wish it gave me the option for a phone call.

Has anyone been able to solve this problem before? I'm considering changing mobile carriers because I know for a fact Freedom Mobile successfully receives the codes.

Hello Xyzz,

Welcome to the community!

While I'm not sure why you are unable to receive the verification texts from PayPal, I can verify that at least some Fido customers can receive those texts from PayPal. I just signed onto PayPal.ca

Screenshot_20191107-235707_Message.jpg

If there is something else that is causing your issue, switching providers may not solve your problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what's your best next step, though.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers