Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Update Pre-Authorized Credit Card Info on "My Fido" account

AliKay
I'm a contributor level 2

Hello all,

I have been trying for the past few days to update my pre-authorized credit card info as it is expiring soon but Fido website gives me this error message every time. Please see the snapshot attached. 

I believe Fido is trying to force customers to call the customer service ever since they introduced this new account handling fees and chargeable services in May 2019($10 per service) with a live agent!!!

Any idea how to resolve this?Untitled.png

3 REPLIES 3

FidoKenny

Hello @AliKay

To reassure you, I simply wanted to give you the list for which you would be charged the Account Handling Fee:

• Change Caller ID Name Display
  • One Time Payment with a Credit Card
  • Opt-out of Pre-authorized Payments
  • Reset or Change Voicemail Password
  • Update Contact Information (Contact Number, Email Address, Billing Address, Billing Language)

For this situation you just described, you don't have to worry about any fees.

Did you try a different browser to see if you can get a better result? Also, did you try to clear your cache and cookies from your browser?

Let the Community know Smiley

AliKay

Still the same issue after 5 days! 

I did try different browsers, still the same error message!

This is so bizarre. How on earth Fido is not paying attention to this issue. 

I am still where I am and am not willing to pay $10 to Fido to do something that is supposed to be free.

p.s. Any interaction with Fido agent on the phone regarding payment will incur the $10 fee. Ask your colleagues. 

Hey @AliKay

I can assure you there would be no fee to update your payment method over the phone, especially if you're not able to do it online.

I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at this together.  Talk to you soon!