Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Suspend Fido Account for 2 weeks

dmoudgil
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Folks,

Just got off the phone with representative and i was requesting them to put my phone on suspension for 2 weeks due to some travel plans but the guys was not able to do that because i was those 2 weeks(falling in the middle of the billing cycle).

So basically, m forced to pay for 15 days of service without using it. I requested them to open a case on my behalf but the guy was not able to do that however provided me with Interaction ID 11952627906 for that call .

Any help/direction from moderators would be helpfull

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Dmoudgil,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, the temporary suspension is only available for between 2 to 12 months (see here). It should be mentioned that the fee for the suspension might have changed since that post. In addition, I believe the suspension can only be added at the beginning of a billing cycle. If you are currently in the middle of a cycle, the suspension won't take effect until next cycle.

I understand it is disappointing having to pay for the days you will not be using the service, however, that is the nature of post-paid plans. You will be required to pay the monthly fee regardless of whether you use the service or not. That said, you might be able to apply the temporary suspension for the minimum length (2 months) and request the temporary suspension removed when you return.

You should note that the temporary suspension only applies to services. If you are financing a device, those payments would continue as normal.

You should also note that the forums are community-driven and not intended as  a venue for customer services. If you would like verification of the terms for the temporary suspension, you might consider contacting customer service. They would also need to be contacted in order to add the temporary suspension. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers