cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble making a prepaid payment

EasyPickins
I'm a participant level 3

July 1st and 2nd I have been unable to refill my prepaid account via Interac because the Interac option is not displayed.  I tried the only option that was displayed, using a credit card, but it did not accept my Visa Debit card.

I've tried three different browsers (and cleared cookies) but it is the same on all browsers.

I thought I would finally switch to a postpaid plan, but when trying to view the plans, it tells me I am not the account holder.  From other posts, it seems I am registered as a "subscriber" instead of the account holder.

If someone from Fido could help me de-register as subscriber and re-register as the account holder, that would be great.

7 REPLIES 7

EasyPickins2
I'm a participant level 2

I ended up going back to the Fido store and they created my new postpaid plan.  And I got a new phone on installments.

I had to create a new My Account for my new account number, so now I'm registered as the account holder, not a subscriber.

I had tried the phone menu system, but it only seemed to allow switching to other prepaid plans.

Hello again,

Glad to hear you were able to sort a solution.

@EasyPickins2 wrote:...I had tried the phone menu system, but it only seemed to allow switching to other prepaid plans.

It was noted in my earlier post that the IVR system was only to switch to another pre-paid plan.

Since they created a new post-paid account, were you able to keep your old phone number and transfer your pre-paid balance? As far as I am aware, if your post-paid account is newly created, you wouldn't be able to port your old phone number or transfer any pre-paid balance. However, you would have been able to keep your old phone number and transfer your balance if you migrated your pre-paid account to a post-paid account. Were the customer service at the store able to migrate your plans? It was my understanding that it could not be done in store. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

EasyPickins2

Oh sorry, yes, my pre-paid phone number was migrated to the new post-paid account (with a different account number).

Since it was a migration, I didn't have to pay the $45 setup fee.

Yes, this all happened in-store. It didn't seem as though it was a strange request for the person working there.

I'll have to wait and see if my pre-paid balance will carry over, I thought I read somewhere it shows up on the second invoice.

Currently my account balance is $0.

EasyPickins

Update:  I refilled my account using a voucher, so my balance has been restored.

According to this I should be able to re-register to switch My Account from "subscriber" to "account holder".
But I get an error saying "OOPS! We've hit a snag.  Please check back later."

According to other posts, a moderator will need to help me with this via a PM.

Hello again,

Glad to hear you were able to restore your balance.

I understand your My Account might indicate you as a subscriber rather than account holder. However, if you are wishing to switch from a pre-paid to post-paid plan, a migration from one plan type to the other cannot be done online -- even if you are the account holder. You would need to contact customer support as previously mentioned.

I understand the moderators have been providing some customer services via PM in the past. However, this is the community forum and not intended as a venue for customer services. Your best option would be to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. You could request the change in My Account profile at the same time as migrating plans.

**edit** I'm not sure whether there is a separate profile for pre-paid customers. Some of the transaction accesses available to Account Holder profiles would not be applicable on pre-paid accounts (ie update SIM, upgrade hardware, etc).**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers 

EasyPickins

I've lost the $169 in my prepaid, I assume it will show up again once I make another payment within the next few days?
I'd like to switch to the $25 Talk and Text plan, but can't do that since the website thinks I am not the "account holder" as mentioned above.
Still the Interac option is missing when I try to make a payment.

Hello EasyPickins,

Sorry to hear you've lost the balance in your account because you were unable to top-up online. However, Fido does offer a grace period. You can restore your expired balance if you top-up within 7 days after your anniversary date (see here).

In your original post, you mentioned wanting to switch to a post-paid plan. It's possible to migrate from a pre-paid to a post-paid account. Unfortunately, it cannot be done online. As far as I am aware, the migration cannot be done in store either. It can only be done by contacting customer service to have them switch your plan types. (see here). 

On the other hand, if you wished to switch to a different pre-paid plan, you can do so using the automatic voice response (IVR) system (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers